Helped a senior Citizen by creating a blog for her with the following features. It was my promise to her made on the occasion of friendship day last week.
Features are as follows :
- – on a WordPress.com platform. Without any domain or space registration.
- – a by default static page introducing herself.http://goo.gl/CWN606
- – Provided simplicity with dedicated email address for posting on a blog. No need to log in on WordPress.com or any other CMS for that matter.
- – created a menu of the categories according to her writeup.thus by clicking any of the category will display all the posts from that category only.
- – when opened up any post of any category, other posts from the same category will line up in the side bar. http://goo.gl/TDm8H2
- – a theme matching her profession. Since she was a school teacher; a chalkboard theme is best suited for her blog. http://goo.gl/CuwCYU
- – positioning of widgets at different places on a static page and on a post pages. see the difference here http://goo.gl/CWN606 on a static page and http://goo.gl/9bjJ55 on a post page.
- Though this experience was not new to me, it flourished new perspective and new skill as well within me